About Me

My photo
We JUST got married July 30 2010 on the Starship Yacht in Tampa Bay. This blog is to showcase the awesome DIY details that will make our guests feel how special they are and how much we appreciate them coming. This is my first blog! So far I am enjoying doing this. I just got a new job teaching 2nd grade and I plan to make a class blog as well so look out for that pretty soon!! Thanks for viewing my blog :)

Saturday, July 17, 2010

"How Long Did All This Take You???"

Well.....we decided to get married only 4 and a half months before our chosen wedding date of July 30, 2010. We selected that date based around baseball; it was the last weekend in the summer that the New York Yankees were going to be in Tampa playing The Rays, and we knew we wanted our wedding weekend to involve baseball.....but that's just us!!!

In any event, we only had 4 months to plan and execute all these wonderful DIY things, and I didn't have that many people helping me. Like I said, my wonder mother (who was essentially my wedding planner and coordinator and this day would not have been possible without her perfect organization and planning skills) and awesome sister Kristen helped, some from my dad and fiancee as well but that was pretty much it. So when you see all the stuff start to pop up that we DIYed and hand made.....just remember we only had 4 months. If we can get this done in 4 months then so can anybody! Not to mention I got a new job, moved, and am taking graduate courses amidst all this DIYing and crafting!!

My mom, my sister and I on the Yacht at the tasting

No comments: