About Me

My photo
We JUST got married July 30 2010 on the Starship Yacht in Tampa Bay. This blog is to showcase the awesome DIY details that will make our guests feel how special they are and how much we appreciate them coming. This is my first blog! So far I am enjoying doing this. I just got a new job teaching 2nd grade and I plan to make a class blog as well so look out for that pretty soon!! Thanks for viewing my blog :)

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wedding Fans (fans = people that like us, and the things you use to create a cool breeze)

I have always been a fan of fans (he he he......) so when I suggested getting them for our wedding, my wonderful mom (making it happen for me once again!!) got online and found beautiful orange silk hand fans (WILL GET THE WEBSITE FROM HER!!) on sale, and she found these beautiful cherry blossom HALLEY AND ANDREW stickers for them, on sale as well. Totally cute, totally loved them!


So we decided to use the fans for something more than a breeze making device (and on the top deck of the yacht, they were definitely appreciated by our guests! Blocking sun and cooling them off!). I got some paper tags with string on them from Michaels, and I got clear avery labels from Staples. They have a lot of size options so make sure you get a size that is appropriate for your project!
We had 10 tables and we picked 10 of our favorite things or places (Charley, Griffey, Giraffe, Yankees, Red Sox, Long Island, Vermont, Lawyer, Teacher, Xbox and Wii) this way EVERYONE could sit at our FAVORITE table instead of numbering them....(more on them later!)



You will need some matte finish fixative spray, I got mine at Walmart but you can get it at a craft store too, if you use a thicker font because the ink never really does DRY...and after all the time and work you don't want them all smearing (AHEM I found this out the hard way on a few but remembered the fixative from my Interior Design days at UF!)



So by now you know I loved using my $1 stamps from Michaels....
So I stamped the back of all the tags to give it a little something pretty :).



Then we just wove the tag strings in between the wood parts of the fan and that was that!




See July's seating post for the special tags I made for some of our family members :)


Here are some pictures of our wedding guests enjoying their fans!! :)


1 comment:

Ashley said...

One of my favorite favors!!!